Flood Insurance Florida
Seaman’s Insurance Group, is St Augustine’s and the entire First Coast’s trusted choice for all of your insurance needs. Flood Insurance Florida is not a part of your homeowner’s policy. Even if your lender does not require you to have Flood Insurance if you own property in Florida, you don’t want to be caught without Flood Insurance when the waters begin to rise. You will find that if you live in an area where your lender does not require Flood Insurance that the premium can be very affordable.
What is important is to get coverage in place well before you think you need Flood coverage. Unless you are buying your property or your loan closing is dependent upon securing Flood Insurance, there is a 30 day waiting period for your Flood Policy to go into effect though the Federal Program. Seaman’s Insurance Group, St Augustine and the First Coast’s Premier Boutique Independent Insurance Agency also has access to private flood insurance carriers that are not backed by the federal program. The policies tend to be less expensive and have a much shorter waiting period.
Here is some information shared by https://agents.floodsmart.gov advising what is covered and what is not covered by the Federal program’s Flood Insurance policy.
Flood Insurance policies cover physical damage to your property and possessions.
- The insured building and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Central air conditioning equipment, furnaces and water heaters
- Refrigerators, cooking stoves and built-in appliances i.e. dishwashers
- Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring
- Permanently installed paneling, wallboard, bookcases and cabinets
- Window blinds
- Detached garages (up to 10 percent of building property coverage)
- Debris removal
Personal Contents Property
- Personal belongings, such as clothing, furniture and electronic equipment
- Portable and window air conditioners
- Portable microwave ovens and portable dishwashers
- Carpets that are not included in building coverage
- Clothing washers and dryers
- Food freezers and the food in them
- Certain valuable items such as original artwork and furs (up to $2,500)
What’s Not Covered
- Damage caused by moisture, mildew or mold that could have been avoided by the property owner
- Currency, precious metals and valuable papers such as stock certificates
- Property and belongings outside of an insured building such as trees, plants, wells, septic systems, walks, decks, patios, fences, seawalls, hot tubs and swimming pools
- Living expenses such as temporary housing
- Financial losses caused by business interruption or loss of use of insured property
- Most self-propelled vehicles such as cars, including their parts (see Section IV.5 in your policy)
Flood Insurance St Augustine
Flood Insurance Jacksonville
Flood Insurance Ponte Vedra
Flood Insurance Florida